Sunday, February 4, 2007

Spring Fever

Yes, I have spring fever. I'm ready to start planting and get yard looking pretty. But I know it's still February and cold and I'm getting ahead of myself. I have so many projects I want to start, not only in yard/flower beds, but also decorating porch and getting my potting shed arranged. I have a large storage shed with 2 rooms and will move all the "storage" things to back and make a potting shed/room in the front. My front porch covers most of the front of house and I have so many ideas for decorating it...I want it to be an extension of yard with tons of plants and accessories. I brought my hanging ferns and spider plant inside for winter and they are looking as droopy as I feel. Hopefully we will all survive these last few weeks of winter. Luckily I live in Texas, so winter months are short and I will be ready to start yard work in 4 - 5 weeks. Look at Crafty Piggie link, she has some awesome books for sell on her auction sites that give great ideas and directions for all sorts of garden planning, decoration, etc. I have several of them and will be using those to help lay out my landscape and outdoor decorating. Just looking at them makes me want to get out the gloves & tools and start to work...LOL.

No comments: